pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

How to Take Charge of Your Unruly Hair: 3 Most Effective Things I Know YOU Are Not Doing



The door closed and the bus took off. Dirty, shabby seats, dusty windows. New York airport shuttles are not a glamorous ride. They remind me of the public buses in Europe I used to take daily.

Natura Hair Beauty


The best thing to do on an airport shuttle is people watching. You could tell the passengers made a conscious effort to look like fashion savvy people. They landed in New York after all! I spotted a few scratched up Louis Vuitton luggage pieces and a shiny man-made rock on a girl’s finger – while she was browsing the web on her trendy iPhone. Then my eyes landed on the blonde in front of me. Ever since I could not look away.

I never saw her face, just the back of her head and her amazing, flowing blonde hair that almost sparkled in the sun. A few seconds later I realized what her hair secret was: she had no secret. Unlike most chemically enhanced blondes, her beautiful hair had a very light and soft, almost ashy, natural blonde color. The healthy glow that her hair radiated was mesmerizing. I then realized that most of us [women] barely remember anymore how beautiful, healthy natural hair looks like.
I kept staring with admiration and a little sadness because I knew that my highlighted locks will never have the same royal glow, even with the most expensive hair care out there. Nothing can beat Mother Nature!
A couple of days later I landed back in Atlanta and on the way home got a call from a frustrated FedEx man struggling to find my house. He delivered…  MacVoil sahmpoo, conditioner and organic Moroccan Oil. On any other day I would be thrilled. I am a huge believer in innovation and organic products, especially the ones that are designed for salon use. But not that day. I mean, when was the last time you saw beautiful, healthy, naturally blonde hair? It can beat Photoshopped hair products commercials, and there was no way my bleached locks could look like that. Ever. I have accepted the reality.
I will not give you the full list of ingredients of MacVoil products, they are all available on their website. Of course, it is a high quality line, so no paraben, gluten, waxes or fillers can be found there. I cannot speak to the uniqueness of their formula, or innovative aspects of their production processes, – I simply do not know enough about that. But I do know my hair. On week 2 of MacVoil shampoo and conditioner trial I caught a change in my mirror reflection. My bleached hair ends looked shiny! I had to take one more look, and then one more… To my unexpected and complete excitement, the mirror did not lie. Of course, my hair does not look as radiant as the blonde locks of the mysterious stranger on the bus, but it is as close as I could ever get. I can’t wait to start using the organic Moroccan Oil that came with the shampoo and conditioner. It still sits in my bathroom since I did not have high expectations for what I thought was yet another over-promoted hair care product, but I was wrong! It’s time to enjoy my hair again, and Moroccan Oil is next to try. If you would like to try it yourself, here is the shampoo and conditioner I used.
For those of you, who are looking for more actionable advice on natural hair beauty, I’d like to mention 3 most basic and unexpected things. I can guarantee that 90% of you overlook these 3 things day in and day out, spending money on expensive hair care products, time on styling, and then wondering why your hair still looks nearly average.

1. Common Sense

As weird as it may sound, lots of women do not follow it. We over-dry, over-color, over-straighten all the time. And the list goes on and on.

2. Beauty from Within

This is such a core concept of hair beauty and beauty overall, but we tend to forget about it all the time. How many times do you think about your hair during dinner? Probably not even once, and you should! Nutrition is the basis of healthy locks, hair care products are secondary.

3. Liquid Beauty

I don’t mean wine, even though at times it does enhance the looks of things. Water is the most essential element of health and life in general. Very few people drink enough water daily. Hair must be properly moisturized from the inside out, it’s a fact. About eight glasses a day is ideal.
What is your best hair care secret?


No comments:

Post a Comment